Vitalism isn't just a philosophy; it's a way of life. Living vitalistically means that you must consciously consider everything that you ingest, whether it's a food or a thought. Everything you put into your mind and body ... affects the body

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Scones


This is not an original recipe of mine, but its one that I use without fail. Believe me, before this recipe came into my life my scones looked and tasted more like ice hockey pucks!!
 
4 cups Self raising flour
300 mls of thickening cream
300 mls of water ( measure this out in the container that the cream came in - do you really want to wash any more than you have too!!)
 
Preheat oven to 200 C.

Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands or a knife to bring it all together. Turn out onto a floured board and cut scones to shape required. I use a standard scone cutter most of the times, but if your after a different size use any floured glass to do the cutting. Using flour stops the dough from sticking to the glass.

I spray a quiche dish with cooking spray and use a scone cutter to cut out the scones. Place them into the dish close together. And then bake for approx 20 mins.

I have used light cream, sour cream and a mixture of all of these to the same result.
I've even turned out the mixture into the dish and scored it into wedges - works just as good. Apparently you get more jam and cream to scone ratio with this.

Enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment